GPS Pro Bluetooth Data Logger
Next-Generation GPS Receiver & Datalogger for iPod touch, iPhone & iPad
The Bad Elf GPS Pro was designed specifically for pilots, boaters, and other outdoor enthusiasts based on feedback we've collected since we launched the original dock-connected Bad Elf GPS back in 2010. We didn't want to launch yet another generic external Bluetooth GPS receiver like those on the market today - so we're not. Instead, we packed a ton of great next-generation features into a small, rugged, and affordable package:
Connect Up To 5 Devices At A Time Via Bluetooth
The real-time GPS data from a single GPS Pro can be used by up to 5 devices simultaneously - any combination of supported iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch devices. This is great for:
- Jet pilots: the entire crew can share the data from a single GPS Pro sitting on the glare shield or in the side window. Or share your GPS data with passengers in the cabin so they can follow the flight on their own iPads.
- General aviation pilots: use your iPhone or iPod touch as a backup for charts on your iPad, switching instantly if needed without re-pairing or connecting.
- Road trips: the whole family can share the GPS data from a single GPS Pro.
Large LCD Screen With Backlight
The GPS Pro features a large LCD screen with a backlight that provides great visibility day or night. See your location, speed, heading, altitude, and GPS lock status at a glance. No need to guess the meaning of blinking LED indicators or leave your favorite app to check the status of your GPS receiver.
Extra-Long Battery Life & 10Hz Reporting Rate
The GPS Pro provides a battery life of up to 16 hours when connected to your iOS device via Bluetooth, and supports a GPS reporting rate of 10 times per second (configurable). With the accessory in standalone datalogger mode and Bluetooth turned off, you can expect a battery life of up to 32 hours.
Standalone GPS Datalogger (100+ Hours)
Now you can record your adventures without draining the battery on your iPhone or iPod touch. No need to keep an app running, just start and stop the GPS Pro's datalogger using a simple button press. Discover something cool. Mark your current location as a point of interest (POI) with another button press. At the end of your activity, transfer the log to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to view your trip and share it with friends and family via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
Rugged & Splash-Proof To IPX4 Standards
Don't be afraid to take your GPS Pro along on your next adventure. Compact, rugged, and splash-proof, the GPS Pro will survive the journey and let you show your friends just how amazing that trip was.
- BE-GPS-2200 GPS Pro device
- 3ft (90cm) Mini-USB cable for charging
- 12-24VDC vehicle USB charger
- Detachable Neck Lanyard
- User's Manual
- iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, & 4th generations)
- All iPad and iPhones with Bluetooth
GPS Technical Specs:
- Fast GPS lock times (45 seconds or less)
- 2.5-meter accuracy
- 60k feet maximum altitude
- 1000 MPH maximum speed
- Up to 10Hz position update rate
- 66-channel MTK GPS chipset
- Mini-USB port for charging and ElfPort expansion
- 128 x 96 dot LCD screen with backlight
- 100+ hour datalogger memory
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Dimensions: 3" x 2.4" x 0.7" (76.5mm x 61.5mm x 17.5mm)
- Weight: 3.2 oz (90 grams)
- Cartography - Preloaded: No
- Screen Type: Grayscale
- Box Dimensions: 3"H x 6"W x 6"L WT: 0.4 lbs
- UPC: 783583283427
Owner's Manual (pdf)